Gout attacks are usually caused by an excessive intake of purines. These purines will produce uric acid which can cause formation of tiny crystals that will settle in your joints, producing Gout symptoms. The best way to prevent these Gout attacks is to decrease the amount of purines in your diet. However, it can be difficult to find Gout recipes you can use. If you or someone you love suffers from Gout then keep reading to discover a few healthy Gout diet recipes.
It is important to remember that in addition to these great recipes for Gout diet, you must also increase your water intake. Water is the number one ally for Gout sufferers. Water will help your body eliminate excess uric acid. It is also great for your health in so many other ways. The body needs adequate amounts of water to function properly.
You should develop a menu each week that includes your Gout recipes. By having plans in place to help deal with your Gout attacks, you will be more successful. The beauty of these Gout recipes is that they can become a staple to your diet every day so you can use them for Gout prevention also. So now let us look at a few recipes you can incorporate into your Gout diet.
Tasty Breakfast Casserole
- 10 Eggs
- ¼ Cup of Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ Stick of Butter
- 1 Pint of Cottage Cheese. (preferably low fat)
- 4 Cups of Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 Cans of Diced Green Chilies
- 1 Diced Red Pepper
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk eggs, butter, flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Next, stir in shredded cheese, chilies and peppers. Lightly grease a 9 X 13 baking pan. Pour in your mixture and bake in the oven until casserole begins to set and is lightly brown. Average baking time is about 35 minutes. Serve with salsa of your choice for a tasty and filling breakfast.
Yummy Gout Diet Taco Salad
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 Can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 large yellow onion-diced
- 1 head of iceburg lettuce
- 1 can of black olives
- Shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- Low fat sour cream guacamole
Boil chicken breast until done. Shred the chicken breast with a fork and set aside. Pour 2 tablespoons of Olive oil into a large skillet. Put approximately ¼ of the diced onions into the skillet and sauté. Next, add the shredded chicken, cumin, chili powder and Rotel tomatoes. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Shred lettuce and place in bowls. After chicken mixture is done, put a heaping serving onto the shredded lettuce. Top with cheese, black olives, sour cream and onions. You can also add your favorite salsa as a topping.
Easy Macaroni salad
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 4 cups of water
- Dash of lemon juice
- ½ cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 hard boiled eggs, diced
- ½ cup cheese, diced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- ½ cup low fat mayonnaise
Cook macaroni according to directions on box. Drain, add lemon juice to macaroni. Place in refrigerator to chill. Mix remaining ingredients and add to chilled macaroni. Keep chilled in refrigerator until serving time.
Crock Pot New Potatoes and Green Beans
Fresh Green Beans- Approximately 3 handfuls with end chopped off, placed in large crock pot
- 3 Medium sized red potatoes, cut into chunks, placed on top of green beans.
- 1 cup of sliced almonds, sprinkled on top.
- Handful of fresh parsley, minced and sprinkled on top.
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, minced and sprinkled on top.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced, sprinkled on top
- 1 large yellow onion, diced and sprinkled on top.
- 1 teaspoon curry powder sprinkled on top.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, sprinkled.
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, cracked and sprinkled.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, dribbled over mixture.
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces and placed on top of mixture
Layer all of the above ingredients in the order listed in a large crock pot. Cook on high for one hour, then stir. Cook an additional four hours on low. Incorporate these delicious Gout diet recipes into your daily menu to decrease your Gout pain.